OUR COMMITMENT TO SYSTEMS & SAFETY
By embracing the technology available in the transportation industry, Hartt is able to utilize these tools to guarantee the highest levels of customer satisfaction. These technologies improve upon driver safety, whether it be their well-being or in maintaining federal compliance laws. With this technologies, productivity is vastly improved, which sees great returns when processing data through Operations, Accounting, and all other departments relying on documents generated during the daily grind of transportation.
These systems allow us to be leaders on the roads, and not stuck on the side of them.
VEHICLE COLLISION MITIGATION SYSTEMS
As transportation vehicles continue to evolve so does the technology installed within them. Products can assist with eliminating roll over events, poor driving behavior, and overall driver safety.
- Blindspotter Radar Systems monitor tractor blind spots and generate alerts if they attempt to change lanes when other vehicles occupy the blindspot
- Bendix Wingman/Meritor On Guard – Collision Mitigation systems that monitor space ahead of driver and apply corrective measures in the event of poor driving behavior on the part of either the driver or traffic
- Roll over correction – Systems that monitor turning axis and apply corrective measures in the event of a roll over
- Effectively save the drivers from themselves or save them from traffic around them
MOBILE COMM SYSTEMS IN ALL TRACTORS
Mobile Communications continues to be one of the fastest evolving technologies in transportation, and Hartt has made every effort to stay at the front of the industry in utilizing these technologies.
Our mobile comm systems allow for us to stay compliant with all FMCSA Compliance Laws as well as provide messaging services between Operations and Drivers. Vehicle metrics such as MPG, odometer, and various alerts are able to be captured without the tractor coming into a maintenance shop, allowing for us to monitor the overall health of the fleet from afar.
- Allows Safety/Compliance team to be instantly notified of driver violations and apply corrections if needed
- Allows Drivers to monitor all of their allotted time for the day with clocks counting down their time
- Provides notification of vehicle alerts such as rapid accelerations/decelerations
- Allows dispatcher to communicate via messaging services as opposed to phone
- Utilizes text to speech for messaging, allowing for driver to follow safe driving practices
- Secure Content Locker allows for key documents to be stored on driver’s device. Examples are Fuel Network, Company Handbook, Device User Guide, etc.
- Device camera allows for pictures to be taken regarding accident or damaged products
- Devices support email accounts unique to driver, allowing them to receive key documents in a faster manner than faxing
- Reporting systems allow Operations to monitor fleetwide metrics like MPG, idle time, usage time, miles accrued, etc.
- Current systems install very quickly, allowing tractor to be back on the road again with little downtime
PAPERLESS IMAGING SYSTEMS
Hartt Transportation uses a paperless imaging system to improve the overall speed of processing paperwork through our company. Drivers are able to scan their documentation while out on the road via scanning stations at truck stops, as well as scanning kiosks at our terminals.
This system decreases wait time so drivers get paid faster, and Hartt’s accounting team does not get buried underneath a mountain of paperwork. This digitizing of paperwork also allows for records to be pulled up with ease, should the situation arise.
- Majority of network fuel stops also have document scanning stations
- Drivers with their own computer access and scanner access can install program to scan documents from their own location
- Fast turnaround on paperwork processing means drivers get paid faster.
- Paid drivers are happy drivers.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) programming allows for our customers to provide Hartt with specific details and instructions for fulfilling their orders, and automates the majority of the process. Orders are received on a scheduled basis and as the order is worked it is automatically updated, and both the customers and Hartt are notified of these updates.
- Allows for a systematic delivery of orders from customers
- Allows for order updates to process in real time
- Removes tedium of filling orders with customer specific information
- Automatically notifies both customer and Operations of issues specific to the order as they occur.
One of the greatest costs a transportation company faces is fuel. Factors such as price, taxes, tolls, and miles accrued out of route are all important factors that can be easily mitigated with a fuel optimization product. By constantly monitoring your fuel network’s daily pricing and making calculations on the fly based on a tractor’s planned route and current fuel level, the fuel optimizer can determine which stop will save the company the most money and deliver this information to the driver.
By delivering this information to drivers as they work their assignments, it eliminates calls back to the home offices and increases fleet utilization.
- Monitor the entire fuel economy of your fleet and maintain a minimum tank level
- Identify holes in your fuel network by suggesting new locations to add and negotiate discounts for
- Identify drivers whose poor fueling habits cost company money over longer periods of time
- By providing both fuel stop info and suggested routes, phone calls back to the home office are eliminated and productivity is increased
Tying into the previous item is fleet optimization. Where fuel optimization tries to calculate best stops for fuel purchases, fleet optimization allows you to monitor the usage of your entire fleet. Being able to see all of your stops that are late, out of route, idle, on time, etc. allows for our Operations team to make quick decisions to ensure that the needs of our customers are met in the event of a plan requiring a change.
- Provides overall fleet status in a visual package, allowing for quick identification of fleet status
- Color coded separation of out of time, out of route, late, on time, etc
- Quick identification of trouble spots allows for faster turnaround on creating resolutions
Tracking systems can be installed on assets such as trailers to provide up to date information regarding when the move or stop, as well as locate assets on demand should the need arise
- Current systems maintain a relatively long battery life of 2-3 years
- Can setup geofences around custom landmarks such as drop yards and customers to provide alerts when asset is at location
- Can setup distress events that will provide alerts if the asset moves when it should not
- Easy to install