The Human Resources Specialist provides HR supports to the Auburn, ME terminal and provides HR Generalist services as directed by the HR Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Assists with HR portion of new-employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals and facilitates orientation logistics.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Responds to and resolves employee-related issues
- Assist the HR Benefits Specialist in the process of open enrollment benefit plan transfers.
- Assists the HR Benefits Specialist in enrolling new employees in benefit plans and provides benefits orientation and maintaining benefits and other files in ADP.
- Assists the Recruiting Manager in following up on driver leads and working with driver candidates leading up to orientation.
- Provides monthly recruiting statistical information and creates supporting documents.
- Creates and facilitates employee engagement events.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred.
Pay commensurate with experience.