Hartt Transportation Systems – Auburn, ME
Hartt Transportation Systems Inc. is currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the role of Safety Clerk in our Auburn, ME terminal.
This person will perform a variety of safety related functions and work directly for our Safety Coordinator. These functions include but are not limited to answering the phone for safety or compliance related calls, assisting drivers with questions or issues when they are at the terminal, routine paper and E-log auditing, driver training functions, fleet documentation upgrades, and other Safety department functions. The candidate will train on all duties and functions for a period of time to be determined by the Safety Coordinator and the candidates ability to adapt to our needs.
Once training is completed the work schedule will be Monday through Friday 2 pm to 10 pm. Candidates should have basic computer skills, be able to communicate well in person and on the phone. Prior experience with transportation safety and compliance or driver training preferred but not absolutely necessary to apply.
Wage will be commensurate with experience and the candidate will be hired on a 90 day probationary period.
JOB REQUIREMENTS PREFERRED:
• 1 prior year experience with Safety in transportation
• Familiar with the FMCSA regulations
• Familiar with CDL license requirements
• Familiar with PSP
OTHER BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
• Able to communicate well in person and on the phone
• Able to report on time with a positive attitude and willing to accept change in daily tasks
HARTT OFFERS MANY GREAT BENEFITS INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
• Competitive pay, paid weekly
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Paid holidays
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Short term and long term disability plans
• 401K Retirement Plan with company match