Hartt Transportation Systems – Auburn, ME
Hartt Transportation Systems Inc. is currently seeking full time Truck and Trailer technicians for our state-of-the art fleet maintenance facility that offers an outstanding work environment and competitive starting pay. Positions are currently available on the 2nd and 3rd shifts.
The Hartt maintenance team does all service and non-warranty repair work on our equipment. The new Auburn Maintenance facility is a safe, clean and well-organized workspace with top notch equipment, radiant heat floors and excellent lighting, heating and ventilation. The technicians in this position will diagnose and repair all systems on a diesel tractor including the engine, front and rear axle suspension and 5th wheel. Your work will consist of routine service work from changing tires and fluid to diagnosing and repairing electrical and AC repairs and accident damage. Your work orders will be tracked through the latest maintenance software to help keep each job organized and on task. You will be required to utilize our computers systems for the work order and time and attendance programs. Must have own advanced set of hand tools in your own rollaway tool box.
Our truck / trailer technicians are required to have a strong working knowledge all major sub-systems of a tractor trailer to include:
- Knowledge of Tractor / Trailer Preventive Maintenance
- Brakes Drum & Disc.
- Advanced safety systems (CMS)
- Drive trains
- Steering & Suspensions
- HVAC Systems
- Wheel ends
- Electrical & Electronic troubleshooting
- Cummins & Detroit software experience is a plus
- Strong computer skills
Work load will consist of Preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of all tractor / trailer systems.
- Must have a complete set of tools w/roller storage
- Valid driver’s license
- Good communications skills
- Well versed in repair software
- Attention to detail & workmanship
- Works well others
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment repairs
- Able to perform DOT inspection in accordance to FMSCA guidelines
$20 per hour – Apprentices No College
$23 per hour – College grads
All others starting rates are based on experience.
A minimum 1 year experience repairing & maintaining heavy trucks and Trailers
Professional experience utilizing work order systems
High School diploma/GED or
Technical degree, certificate, or diploma in diesel engines, electronics, and/or related systems preferred ,or equivalent relevant professional work experience.
HARTT OFFERS MANY GREAT BENEFITS INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
• Competitive pay, paid weekly
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Paid holidays
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Short term and long term disability plans
• 401K Retirement Plan with company match
Please apply in person at our new terminal at 281 First Flight drive in Auburn, ME or email resume to Shop Manager, John Costley at email@example.com. John can also be reached by phone at 207-755-0517.