Hartt Transportation Systems Inc. has an IMMEDIATE need for a Full time Weekend Fleet Manager in our Bangor Maine Terminal. Work schedule will be both weekend days and three additional evenings during the week.
Some of the duties of the Fleet Manager (Dispatcher) Include:
-Utilizes load boards to secure and manage broker trucks to assist in delivering our customers loads on time by performing the following duties.
-Compiles list of available vehicles and reports to Customer Service as to plan trucks successfully.
-Manages carriers and their drivers in according to factors such as: pick up/delivery time, length of haul, purpose/importance of trip, freight or customer requirements.
-Manages company equipment, insures its security, and location at all times.
-Report damages to the appropriate parties and actively pursues reimbursement when broker carrier is responsible.
-Holds carriers and drivers accountable for execution of accuracy for load plans
-Records time of arrival, departure, destination, cargo, and expected time of delivery.
-Confers with Customer Service and OS&D to expedite or locate missing, misrouted, delayed, or damaged shipments and merchandise.
-The night/weekend Fleet Manger is a very busy position as they handle calls and messages for the entire fleet after normal business hours. Sound decision making ability is a must!
Hartt offers many great benefits including the following :
· Competitive pay, paid weekly
· Paid time off (PTO)
· Paid holidays
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· Short term and long term disability plans
· 401K Retirement Plan with company match
Required experience :
· Six months to one year related experience or a combination of equivalent experience and education – (willing to train the right person!)
· Freight management or equivalent
Required education :
· College Degree or High School diploma and equivalent work experience required